About Me

My photo
I am a studio artist and textile designer. My work swirls around among art, design, and the joy of making things. I founded LFN Textiles Artists Ribbons in 2002, and have been designing these fairly wonderful ribbons for 8 years now. They are distributed for the wholesale market exclusively by Renaissance Ribbons, and are available at retail on my website, www.lfntextiles.com, and nationwide through fine fabric stores, gift shops. My tapestries are available through a number of galleries across the country as well. See the links section for contact information.

Friday, April 25, 2008

more things to make with ribbon


Here's a beautiful new book: Ribbon: The Art of Adornment by Nicholas Kniel and Timothy Wright (Gibbs Smith, Publisher, $39.95, Hardcover, 224 pages). Nicholas owns the eponymous ribbon boutique, Nicholas Kniel, in Atlanta, a truly scrumptious and sumptuous assortment of ribbons and trims. He was an early supporter of my own ribbon line, and still carries them (though the book is more devoted to the kinds of bows and flowers you can make with ribbon, than to sewing ribbon as a trim). Do check it out! Maili Powell of Soutache in Chicago (see my earlier post) has been using Nicholas's flower designs for a couple of years and they are wonders to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment