About Me

My photo
I am a studio artist and textile designer. My work swirls around among art, design, and the joy of making things. I founded LFN Textiles Artists Ribbons in 2002, and have been designing these fairly wonderful ribbons for 8 years now. They are distributed for the wholesale market exclusively by Renaissance Ribbons, and are available at retail on my website, www.lfntextiles.com, and nationwide through fine fabric stores, gift shops. My tapestries are available through a number of galleries across the country as well. See the links section for contact information.

Friday, December 18, 2009



Today I got an advance copy of "The Complete Photo Guide to Ribbon Crafts" by Elaine Schmidt. What a treat! Dozens of ideas for things to make with ribbon, from bows to sewing crafts, and many featuring my LFN Textiles jacquard ribbons. With Elaine's permission I am showing a few shots here. There is a particularly good page on Tips for Sewing With Ribbon, which I really appreciate as there is thoughtful advice for handling ribbon effectively. Thanks, Elaine!

Shown here are projects using Dahlia, Tiny Cakes Lavender, Cakes, Auricula Brown, Suzani Pink, & Bukhara Pink.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those are beautiful projects. Thanks for posting these ideas. I adore your ribbons, have bought from you on your site and eBay, and recently picked up a bunch of LFN ribbons at Britex. I love your veggie ribbons for our kitchen because we're vegetarian. Some dish towels are in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book! I see a glimpse on handstitching ribbon - love that, it looks so much better than with the machine (or at least: with my sewing machine). I'll check out the book immediately!

    ReplyDelete