Friday, December 18, 2009



Today I got an advance copy of "The Complete Photo Guide to Ribbon Crafts" by Elaine Schmidt. What a treat! Dozens of ideas for things to make with ribbon, from bows to sewing crafts, and many featuring my LFN Textiles jacquard ribbons. With Elaine's permission I am showing a few shots here. There is a particularly good page on Tips for Sewing With Ribbon, which I really appreciate as there is thoughtful advice for handling ribbon effectively. Thanks, Elaine!

Shown here are projects using Dahlia, Tiny Cakes Lavender, Cakes, Auricula Brown, Suzani Pink, & Bukhara Pink.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those are beautiful projects. Thanks for posting these ideas. I adore your ribbons, have bought from you on your site and eBay, and recently picked up a bunch of LFN ribbons at Britex. I love your veggie ribbons for our kitchen because we're vegetarian. Some dish towels are in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book! I see a glimpse on handstitching ribbon - love that, it looks so much better than with the machine (or at least: with my sewing machine). I'll check out the book immediately!

    ReplyDelete