About Me

My photo
I am a studio artist and textile designer. My work swirls around among art, design, and the joy of making things. I founded LFN Textiles Artists Ribbons in 2002, and have been designing these fairly wonderful ribbons for 8 years now. They are distributed for the wholesale market exclusively by Renaissance Ribbons, and are available at retail on my website, www.lfntextiles.com, and nationwide through fine fabric stores, gift shops. My tapestries are available through a number of galleries across the country as well. See the links section for contact information.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

kittens and ribbon


























Well, much of my time these last two weeks has been taken up with caring for four tiny kittens I found at the back door of my studio. They were probably 3 weeks old, which meant eyedroppers and kitten formula. Today they began wolfing down solid food -- which means freedom!


They have doubled in size in these two weeks but are still quite tiny -- and would not sit still to have their picture taken!


They all are black with white markings, each distinct enough from his siblings, and they all look like a wonderful black & white cat called Marbles, who belongs to my friend Michelle. My daughter Rose drew Marbles several years ago -- she must have been about 10 then -- and I always kept the drawing. Last winter we made it into a ribbon, which you see here sewn into a little gizmo case I made last week.

7 comments:

  1. Well, at last you have the space and the need for these cute little mousers!

    Are they Monsters, too?

    love, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they sweet? I wish I could send you a pair! Only one is named so far: he is the most independent thinker and has a sweet black nose & goatee. He is named George, after George Harrison (my favorite Beatle!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family cat for 18 years was called Marbles! I've never heard of another cat named that, it gave me a big smile to see it here. I still miss her, but one certainly can't complain about 18 years of companionship. When I met my husband, I gave a good hard swallow and committed to never having furry pets again, as he is very allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family cat for 18 years was called Marbles! I've never heard of another cat named that, it gave me a big smile to see it here. I still miss her, but one certainly can't complain about 18 years of companionship. When I met my husband, I gave a good hard swallow and committed to never having furry pets again, as he is very allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My tuxedo cat Bear - who with his sister Ivy celebrated his 9th birthday recently - looks remarkably like the cat on your ribbon. Is the ribbon still available? Can you direct me to a source? I recently started knitting and I MUST have some of this ribbon!!!
    thanks so much
    Peartreejan

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Jan:
    I have added a limited number of yards of the kitties in black & white, and red & white, to my website, www.lfntextiles.com. Thanks!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura - Thanks so much for putting the kitty ribbon on your site. I will order when I get home tonight (have forgotten my password already and can't access my e-mail from here). The items I ordered the other day arrived yesterday and I am THRILLED. The tote bag and ribbons are fabulous - will try to send photos when I make something - I'm really excited. Have been an admirer of yours for some time - love your pear ribbon - thanks so much
    jan

    ReplyDelete