About Me

My photo
I am a studio artist and textile designer. My work swirls around among art, design, and the joy of making things. I founded LFN Textiles Artists Ribbons in 2002, and have been designing these fairly wonderful ribbons for 8 years now. They are distributed for the wholesale market exclusively by Renaissance Ribbons, and are available at retail on my website, www.lfntextiles.com, and nationwide through fine fabric stores, gift shops. My tapestries are available through a number of galleries across the country as well. See the links section for contact information.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Suzanis at Last!!



Today my box full of Suzani ribbons arrived from Renaissance Ribbons. How exciting it is! I submitted the designs on Easter Sunday, fighting a cold while I made all the thread color choices, and here they are in my hands at last. They are flying out the door, I am told, and we are considering a fifth color way in more muted tones if all goes well with these.

In the next few days I will be making things with these and will upload pictures as I go: meanwhile you can see them at Renaissance Ribbons.

I am also showing you here the first Suzani which inspired the collection, a beautiful Bukhara I saw at my favorite bazaar, eBay.

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! If you visit my blog, you'll see that I've been thinking about Suzanis lately. Wish I had had your ribbon to embellish my quilt. Perhaps I can finess it into the binding, which is still to come . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are fantastic, Laura! Do you know which vendors have stocked these ribbons from Renaissance Ribbons, since I'd really like to buy smaller lengths?

    Cathy
    camelliacovecreation@etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy:
    Yes, J. Caroline Creative now has the Suzani line online:
    http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=3901

    Thanks!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete